Compact PET Shipping System for Three Unit Dose Pigs
Designed to conserve space and minimize weight
Inquire About this Product
This Compact PET Shipping System transports three 3 cc or 5 cc syringes containing high-energy radionuclides such as FDG F-18. Syringes fit into the pigs with or without an attached needle. Designed to conserve space and minimize weight, the fully loaded shipping container weighs only 95 lb. An important feature is that the shipping container can be left at a convenient height while the pig (9 pounds) can be easily removed from the container. The pig is then placed behind an L-Block for dose loading and unloading. All Biodex PET L-Block Shields incorporate a hex-shaped plate that corresponds with the hex shape at the base of the pig. This design element allows one-handed loading and unloading of syringes.
The 001-785 Unit Dose Pig is encapsulated in durable, high-impact Lexan and polypropylene, making the pig durable, easy to clean and compatible with automatic washing systems. A single twist opens or closes the pig, reducing handling time.
The system meets DOT II Type A packaging requirements when shipping up to 235 mCi (8.70 GBq) in one pig, and 160 mCi (5.92 GBq) in the second pig and 140 mCi (5.18 GBq) in the third pig, totaling 535 mCi (19.80 GBq) of FDG F-18.
Compact PET Shipping System for three Unit Dose Pigs consists of:
- PET Unit Dose Pigs (three)
- Absorbent Sheets
- Shipping Container with lead shielding
The PET Unit Dose Pig is encapsulated in durable, high-impact Lexan and polypropylene:
- Single twist thread to open and close
- No exposed lead
- Compatible with automatic washing equipment
001-785 Unit Dose Pig
- Dimensions: 10.2″ h x 2.4″ dia (26 x 6 cm
- Lead Shielding:
– Body: .5″ thick (1.3 cm)
- Top: 1.44″ thick (3.6 cm)
- Bottom: 1.2″ thick (3 cm)
- Weight: 8.7 lb (4 kg)
001-739 PET Shipping System, Triple
– Container: 11.75″ l x 11.75″ w x 12.5″ h (29.8 x 29.8 x 31.8 cm)
– Cubic Feet: ~1 cu ft (.03 cu meters)
- Weight (Combined): 95 lb (43.1 kg)
- Meets DOT II Type A packaging requirements Meets DOT Yellow II Type A packaging requirements when shipping up to 235 (8.70 GBq), 160 (5.92 GBq) and 140 mCi (5.18 GBq) of FDG F-18
- Meets IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Meets IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, 58th Edition Sections 184.108.40.206, 10.5, and 10.6.1 thru 10.6.3.5.
001-739 Shipping System, PET, Triple. For three single Unit Dose Pigs- Includes: Three 001-785 Unit Dose Pigs, absorbent sheets and shipping container with lead shielding
001-785 Pig, Unit Dose, PET, 3/5 cc, .5″ lead. Accommodates syringes with or without needle.
Note: Each Pig is sold in multiples of three.
001-284 Pig Rack, PET
001-730 Cart, Transport, PET Shipping System
001-771 Sheets, Absorbent, 100/pkg
001-726 Tags, Security, 25/pkg. Used to identify unauthorized access.
001-721 Document Protector, 100/pkg