Compact PET Shipping System for Two Unit Dose Pigs
Transports two 3 cc or 5 cc syringes containing high-energy radionuclides
Inquire About this Product
For Shipping Syringes With or Without Needles Attached
This Compact PET Shipping System transports two 3 cc or 5 cc syringes containing high-energy radionuclides such as FDG F-18. Syringes fit into the pigs with or without an attached needle. Designed to conserve space and minimize weight, the fully loaded shipping container weighs only 55 lb. An important feature is that the shipping container can be left at a convenient height while the pig (9 pounds) can be easily removed from the container. The pig is then placed behind an L-Block for dose loading and unloading. All Biodex PET L-Block Shields incorporate a hex-shaped plate that corresponds with the hex shape at the base of the pig. This design element allows one-handed loading and unloading of syringes.
The 001-785 Unit Dose Pig is encapsulated in durable, high-impact Lexan and polypropylene, making the pig durable, easy to clean and compatible with automatic washing systems. A single twist opens or closes the pig, reducing handling time.
The system meets DOT II Type A packaging requirements when shipping up to 160 mCi (5.92 GBq) in one pig and 235 mCi (8.70 GBq) in the other, totaling 395 mCi (14.62 GBq) of FDG F-18.
Compact PET Shipping System for Two Unit Dose Pigs consists of:
- PET Unit Dose Pigs (two)
- Absorbent Sheets
- Shipping Container with lead shielding
The PET Unit Dose Pig is encapsulated in durable, high-impact Lexan and polypropylene:
- Single twist thread to open and close
- No exposed lead
- Compatible with automatic washing equipment
001-785 Unit Dose Pig
- Dimensions: 10.2″ h x 2.4″ dia (26 x 6 cm)
- Lead Shielding:
– Body: .5″ thick (1.3 cm)
- Top: 1.44″ thick (3.6 cm)
- Bottom: 1.2″ thick (3 cm)
- Weight: 8.7 lb (4 kg)
001-787 PET Shipping System, Double
– Container: 11.75″ l x 11.75″ w x 12.5″ h (29.8 x 29.8 x 31.8 cm)
– Cubic Feet: ~1 cu ft (.03 cu meters)
- Weight (Combined): 55.2 lb (25.2 kg)
- Meets DOT II Type A packaging requirements Meets DOT Yellow II Type A packaging requirements when shipping up to
160 (5.92 GBq) and 235 mCi (8.70 GBq) of FDG F-18
- Meets IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Meets IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, 58th Edition Sections 22.214.171.124, 10.5, and 10.6.1 thru 10.6.3.5.
001-787 Shipping System, PET, Double. For two single Unit Dose Pigs. Includes: Two 001-785 Unit Dose Pigs, absorbent sheets and shipping container with lead shielding
001-785 Pig, Unit Dose, PET, 3/5 cc, .5″ lead. Accommodates syringes with or without needle. Note: Each Pig is sold in multiples of three.
001-284 Pig Rack, PET
001-730 Cart, Transport, PET Shipping System
001-771 Sheets, Absorbent, 100/pkg
001-726 Tags, Wire Security, 25/pkg. Used to identify unauthorized access.
001-721 Document Protector, 100/pkg