Ga-68 Vial Shield
The Gold Standard for Theranostic Shielding
Inquire About this Product
Disruptive Shielding Technologies
Expanding use of life-saving theranostic isotopes combined with more rigorous regulations have made concerns of safety in nuclear medicine practice greater than ever. SWE custom shielding solutions fill the gap for essential radio-protection during the handling of high-energy theranostic isotopes.
Vial shields provide a complete USP <797/825> compliant solution for in-house hot-lab compounding, extending radiopharmacy functions to the hospital setting.
Continuum of Safety
Ga-68 vial shields provide a continuum of radiation safety during radiopharmacy production processes such as elution, compounding, heat activation and dose dispensing. Injection port reduces hand exposure while protecting the septum. The handle also functions as an auxiliary lock mechanism ensuring chain of custody. SWE grip prevents heat transfer to shield during compounding, reducing the need for forceps. Shields are compatible with commercially available Ge-68/Ga-68 generators, evaluated with maximum elution activities.
- Integrated USP <797/825> shielding designs and features
- Corrosion resistant
- Easily sanitized by sterile IPA or other commonly used agents
- Vial Grip reduces need for forceps during compounding, QA manipulations
- Grip mechanism enhances shielding during heat block/boiling process (e.g. Dotatate, Tc-MIBI, Tc-SC)
– O.D.: 2.8″ dia. x 3.9″ h (7.1 x 9.9 cm)
– I.D.: 0.95″ dia. x 3.9″ h (2.4 x 9.9 cm)
- Tungsten Shielding (95%): 0.89″ thick (2.3 cm)
- Lead Equivalent: 1.42″ thick (3.6 cm)
- Weight: 13.4 lb (6.1 kg)