Connects to External Ductwork
The Lead-Lined Preparation Enclosure is designed for applications that require handling gaseous radioactive materials. The interior provides ample floor space. A large lead glass window and halogen light allow safe and unobstructed viewing. The enclosure opening has an adjustable shield that creates access ports. A swing down shield covers the ports when not in use.
Gaseous materials are directed by a baffle (eliminating dead space) through a stainless steel chimney. The chimney is connected to external blowers (not supplied) and ductwork (not supplied). The blowers create a negative pressure preventing gas leaks.
- Dimensions: 36″ w x 24″ depth x 30.5″ h (91.4 x 61 x 77.5 cm)
– Interior Floor Space: 31″ w x 19″ depth (78.7 x 48.3 cm)
- Lead Shielding: .25″ thick (.64 cm)
– Adjustable Shield: 12″ w x 10″ h x .5″ thick (30.5 x 25.4 x 1.3 cm)
- Exhaust: 6″ dia (15.2 cm) chimney, fixed upper and adjustable lower baffles. Blower and filter not included
- Lighting: Halogen lamp with two 25 watt bulbs, UL listed.
- Lead Glass Window:
– Dimensions: 34.5″ w x 11.8″ h x .75″ thick (87.6 x 30 x 1.9 cm)
– Density: 5.05 g/cm3
- Finish: # 3 brushed, stainless steel
- Weight: 733 lb (332 kg)