The Monitor 4EC is an energy compensated, ergonomic radiation survey meter capable of detecting alpha, beta, gamma, and x-rays over 3 selectable ranges. A red count light flashes and a beep sounds with each event detected. The Monitor 4EC offers a linear response for gamma and x-rays (above 40 keV).
Applications & Uses: Checking accelerator & x-ray shielding for leakage, Checking industrial gauges, such as moisture, density, or level gauges containing Cesium-137, Locating sources, Personal protection, General surveying
- Detector: Halogen-quenched GM tube, energy compensated sidewall 2mm thin filter. Thin mica window 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2 thick. Effective diameter of window is 9.1 mm (.36 in.).
- Operating Range: 0-.5, 0-5, 0-50 mR/hr 0-500, 0-5,000, 0-50,000 CPM or 0-5, 0-50, 0-500 μSv/hr (SI Scale Meter Option)
- Energy Sensitivity: 1000 CPM/mR/hr (Cs137). Detects alpha down to 2.5 MeV; typical detection efficiency at 3.6 MeV is greater than 80%. Detects beta at 50 keV with typical 35% detection efficiency and beta at 150 keV with typical 75% detection efficiency. Detects gamma and x-rays down to 10 keV typical through the window (non-compensated), 40 keV through the sidewall.
- Accuracy: Reference to Cs137 Typically ±15% from factory, ±10% with NIST Source Calibration NIST Calibration Additional
- Range Switch: X1, X10, X100, Battery Check.
- Display: Analog Meter holds full scale in fields as high as 100X maximum reading. CPM & mR/hr scale. Optional SI Scale Meter Available
- Audio Indicator: Internally mounted beeper (can be turned off for silent operation).
- Outputs: 3.5 mm jack with pulse out.
- Power Requirements: 9-volt alkaline battery (included). Approx. 2,000 hrs. at normal background
- Temperature Range: -10° to +50°C (14° to 122°F)
- Humidity: 10% to 70% Non-Condensing.
- Weight: M4: 200 g (7.1 oz) M4EC: 224 g (7.9 oz)
- Size: 209 x 71 x 50 mm (8.2 x 2.8 x 1.9 in.)
- Includes: Carrying Case w/ Belt Clip
- Options: SI Meter Option, Observer Software
- Limited Warranty: 1 year limited warranty