Tungsten Vial Shield
Designed to greatly reduce exposure to vials containing liquid radioisotopes
Inquire About this Product
The Tungsten Vial Shield is designed to greatly reduce exposure to vials containing liquid radioisotopes. The shield is constructed of .19" (.48 cm) thick tungsten, equivalent to .38" (1 cm) lead at 150 keV.
Vials can be loaded from the top or bottom of the shield. A loss-proof slide injection port on the top allows easy access to the vial septum.
The tough tungsten will retain its shape under the roughest handling and is virtually unbreakable.
- Virtually unbreakable
- Safe handling of radioactive liquids
- Dimensions: 1.44″ dia x 2.8″ h (3.7 x 7 cm)
– I.D.: 1″ x 2.25″ (2.5 x 5.7 cm)
- Tungsten Shielding: 0.19” (.4 cm)
- Lead Equivalency: 0.271” thick (.69 cm) for Tc-99m
- Accommodates Vial Size: 10 ml
- Weight: 1.65 lb (0.75 kg)
Color-Coded Vial Shields without glass
053-807 Vial Shield, Tungsten