Safety is always a chief concern when setting up or maintaining a Typical Nuclear Medicine Hot Lab because of the negligible leakage risk of radioactive materials and exposure to radiation. That negligible risk goes up, however, if the proper procedures aren’t followed and there is not adequate equipment and supplies.
For example, radioactive materials must be completely sealed when being removed from a hot lab to prevent transmission of radioactivity and radioactive waste should be disposed of in properly shielded receptacles. Radioactive materials must also be stored in clearly labeled containers indicating the name of the radionuclide, and kept in locked cabinets.
In addition, the laboratory work area is typically scanned after each procedure or at the end of each day to ensure the contamination levels are in check. If the contamination levels are high, the necessary materials must be readily available for decontamination procedures.
At Sirona Complete Care, we specialize in Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, and PET. Providing products for medical imaging is all we do and our roots in the community and industry at large run deep. We’re proud of the relationships and partnerships we’ve developed over the decades and many of our customers have become close friends.
Sirona Complete Care offers the following products to start your Typical Nuclear Medicine Hot Lab. Call for a price quote!
- 9501-0033 Optility Nuclear Medicine Management License
- 5250-0256 RDS-80™ Contamination Survey Meter
- 5130-3234 CRC®-55tR Dose Calibrator
- 5430-3136 CAPRAC®-t Wipe Test/Well Counter
- 0975-3725 Cs-137,250uCI E Vial Source
- 0975-137R Cs-137,0.5 uCI ,5″ Rod Source
- 0975-152R Eu-152 0.5 uCI, Rod Source
- 7300-2903 Positron Shield
- 5420-2141 Auxiliary PET Shield
- 5530-2077 L-Block with Adjustable Window
- 0670-2026 Syringe Transporter Carrier II
- 5730-2271 PET Shield Sharps Container
- 0660-0042 PET Sharps Inserts
- 0601-0003 Radiclean Decontaminant , 1 QT
- 0645-0025 Straight 9-1/2″ Forceps
- 0665-2020 511 C-TEC, 5CC Syringe Shield
- 0665-2015 511 C-TEC, 10CC Syringe Shield
- 0975-0023 Cs-137 Check, 1uCI, 1″O DI Gamma
- 0685-200R Label (Radioactive Material) (8.5″x11″) Aluminum
- 0601-0002 T-Vial Shield